About Me

My photo
SURREY, United Kingdom
Amateur and still learning!

Thursday, 10 March 2011

There's More to Photography than Photography!

Visited the Focus on Imaging exhibition yesterday. It wasn’t planned. Whilst eating my wheatybangs at breakfast and mulling over what, if anything, I would do when I’d read the paper I suddenly realised that Wednesday the 9th was the last day of the event so on the spur of the moment I decided to go.


You never know there might be last minute bargain to be had in a final selling frenzy by the stallholders, either to make their targets or save themselves the task of loading their wares back into their vans.

So really my purpose in going was motivated by greed, rather than seeing, touching or trying the latest gizmos on offer. Sad really, because by the time you added up the cost of petrol and parking plus the entrance fee and a limp sandwich, a packet of crisps and a beaker of watery coffee at lunchtime, some kind trader would have had to give me a whopping discount on anything I bought to ameliorate the total outlay in going along to the shindig. I’ve never been good at the ‘ins’ and ‘outs’ columns where finance is concerned!

However I do take satisfaction that I did save £18 on the retail price of some paper I bought, so that covered the parking and entrance fee. If I’d stayed at home and read my newspaper I wouldn’t have spent £82 on paper that I won’t need for another couple of months at least.

No comments: