About Me

My photo
SURREY, United Kingdom
Amateur and still learning!

Sunday, 20 May 2012

Most Wanted!!


I’ve just been amassing some ‘mug shots’ of men that I’ve taken over the past few years for a project that I have in mind.

Individually I like each one, some more than others, but when viewed as a panel I’m reminded of the FBI’s Most Wanted list that that organisation releases periodically, I’m presuming that’s what they still do.
Another thing that springs to mind is the fact that when viewing the panel there is a tendency for my view of the men in our midst to have somewhat of a ‘sameness’. They are all candids, none are posed, so that leads me to believe that when I’m out prowling with a camera I’m looking for the same picture each time, which then leads me to wonder what or how many pictures I’m missing.

A few weeks ago I listened to a radio interview with David Bailey, who despite his well worn appearance, sounds like a young enthusiastic newcomer to photography. One thing from the interview that sticks in my mind was his ‘one prerequisite that a photographer needs to be successful’ is the ability to ‘see’ .













Perhaps I need to learn to ‘see’ people differently and then I won’t end up with a panel of the FBI’s most wanted! 

No comments: