About Me

My photo
SURREY, United Kingdom
Amateur and still learning!

Sunday, 21 July 2013

Are You Being Watched!

Having friends and relatives around for a few drinks and nibbles meant getting extra seating out of the garage. This comprised a variety of chairs collected over the years stashed away and brought out exactly for the purpose. Amongst the seats are three canvas 'directors chairs'.
 
The following morning sitting on the patio taking a snack and fully recovered from the previous evening's shenanigans I had a feeling of being watched, not that I'm prone to paranoia, but you never quite know in these days of CC TV and neighbourhood watch!
 
Out of the corner of my eye I caught sight of three pairs of eyes watching my every move. They turned out to be the three director type chairs stacked side by side waiting to be restored to the back of the garage ready for the next time we have an overflow of guests.
 
I felt there was a picture there so got out the camera and spent the next 10 or 15 minutes rolling around on the floor trying to get the angle right, eventually settling for two or three shots that seemed to fit the bill.
 
The colour versions didn't quite hit the spot so a bit of tweaking in B+W, with some toning, gave a better result. Now this may not please the photographic purist but I learned two things from the excercise,
 
1. Pictures are all around you if you look hard enough and
2. Photography can be fun.
 
 
Colour.
 

 
 
Preferred B+W
 
 

 
So keep your eyes peeled and have fun!

No comments: